What Are The Different Types Of Albuterol Inhaler?

An Albuterol Inhaler is a Metered-Dosed Inhaler (MDI) that typically comes either CFC (Chlorofluorocarbon) or HFA (Hydrofluoroalkane) propelled. CFC are the commonly used propellant in the early days of MDIs.

HFA are the more environmental-friendly propellant found in the newer models of MDI. An HFA-propelled Albuterol Inhaler may taste and feel different than a CFC-propelled one. You may feel the spray of an HFA-propelled inhaler softer.

CFC-propelled Albuterol Inhalers will be phasing out as they have been found to be harmful to the environment by contributing to depletion of the ozone layer above the Earth’s surface. Effectively after December 31st 2008, CFC-propelled inhalers will not be available in the United States.

Hence, CFC-propelled Albuterol Inhaler users are strongly urged to consult their health service provider to switch to HFA-propelled inhalers soonest as FDA (U.S. Food And Drug Administration) has approved the latter and manufacturers have increased the their production for adequate supply and purchase.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *